1.Bhetki fish cut into medium pieces.
2. Medium sized potatoes, peeled & cut in 4 cubes.
3. 8-10 Florets of Cauliflower.
4. 1 finely chopped Onion.
5. 2 tspn Ginger paste.
6. 1 tspn Garlic Paste.
7. 1 medium Tomato (chopped).
8. Whole Garam Masala (1-2 Bay Leaves, 1/4 tspn Caraway Seeds, 3 Cardamoms, 4 Cloves).
9. 2 tspn Turmeric powder.
10.1 tspn Red Chili Powder.
11.1 tspn freshly pounded Cumin Seeds.
12.½ tspn Garam Masala Powder.
13. 1 tspn Sugar (optional)
14. 2 tspn Butter.
15. 2 tspn finely chopped Coriander Leaves.
16. ½ Cup Mustard Oil.
17. Salt to taste
1.Wash the Bhetki fish pieces nicely. Marinate fish with little salt and 1 tspn turmeric powder. Mix well and set it aside for 15-20 minutes.
2.In the mean time, add cauliflower florets in boiling water. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain the excess water.
3.Heat 4 tspn mustard oil in a kadai. When it is smoking hot, carefully place Bhetki fish pieces on it. Fry till golden brown on each side, it will take 3 minutes to fry
each side. Remove from oil and keep those aside.
4.Smear potato and cauliflower florets with salt and little turmeric powder. Add potato in the same oil and sauté for 4-5 minutes on medium flame. Once the potato
is done, drain those from the oil and add cauliflower florets in the remaining oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes again drain those florets and keep it aside.
5.Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add bay leaf and whole garam masala in it. Saute for 30 seconds, till a nice aroma comes out. Mix onion in it, fry till it turns
golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, sauté for 2minutes. Mix cumin paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
6. Next add chopped tomatoes, salt and red chili powder. Fry till tomato turns mushy. Add sugar, butter and 1&1/2 cup of warm water. Let it boil. Amount of water
depends on the amount of gravy you want to be on the dish.
7. Now add fried potatoes, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add fried fish pieces and cook for 3 minutes more. Add fried cauliflower, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
8.Finally switch off the heat now. Sprinkle coriander leaves and garam masala powder on the top. Cover the lid and leave it for 5 minutes.
9.Serve warm with steamed rice.