1. Chicken – 300gms (boneless)
2. Egg or egg white – 1 (optional)
3. Corn flour – 2 to 3 tspn.
4. Oil for deep frying
5. Chilli Garlic Paste
6. Ginger – Garlic paste – ½ tspn
7. Red chilli powder = ½ tspn
8. Lemon juice – 1 tspn (don’t use more)
9. Pepper powder = ½ tspn
10. Turmeric powder = ½ tspn
11. Salt to taste
12. Cumin – ½ tspn
13. Chopped garlic – ½ tsp
14. Cumin powder – ½ tsp (optional)
15. Pepper powder – ½ tsp
16. Green chillies – 2
17. Curry Leaves
1. Wash chicken properly and drain off the water completely. Marinate it with ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, lemon juice, pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Set it aside for at least 15 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the dry corn flour over the marinated chicken. If you choose to use egg, mix it well. If needed sprinkle little water for a good binding.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan to fry the chicken. Once the oil is heated, fry chicken till they are cooked fully.
4. Heat 1tspn oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, green chillies and cumin. Fry till the leaves turn crisp and set it aside for garnishing.
5. Add the chilli garlic paste and let it begin to bubble.
6. When the chilli garlic paste begins to bubble, add the fried chicken and toss and fry on medium heat till the chicken absorbs all the sauce and the raw smell of garlic disappears. Over frying can make the chicken hard, so switch off in time.
7.Serve with onion wedges.