1. Boneless chicken cubes – 1kg
2. White onions – 300gms
3. Ginger – 20gms
4. Garlic – 20gms
5. Green Cardamoms – 12
6. White pepper powder – 5gms
7. Desiccated coconut – 20gms
8. Cashewnuts – 50gms
9. Curd – 250gms
10. Khoya – 150gms
11. Ghee – 250gms
12. Kewra jal – 2drops
13. Mitha ittr – 2 drops
14. Silver leaves – 2
15. Salt to taste
1. Wash and clean chicken pieces properly. Drain and keep it aside.
2. Extract the juice of ginger and garlic and keep it aside.
3. Grind separately onions, cashew nuts and coconut to a fine paste.
4. In a heavy bottomed pan place the chicken, pour enough water to cover, add salt, green cardamoms and bring to boil, then simmer.
5. When the chicken is half cooked, add the ground onions and the ginger-garlic juice. Cook until dry.
6. Then add ghee and the beaten curd, fry till the meat is dry.
7. Add the nut paste and coconut and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, taking care that the masala does not turn brown.
8. Add white pepper and 1 cup of water, or enough for a thick gravy. Simmer for a while.
9. Turn off the oven, add kewra jal, mitha ittr and mashed khoya. Blend well.
10.Finally add the cream. Serve hot garnished with silver leaf.