1. Potato – 3-4 (chopped).
2. Poppy seeds – 3 tspn.
3. Green chilli – 3.
4. Cumin seeds – 1 tspn.
5. Turmeric powder – 1 tspn.
6. Red chillies – 2.
7. Salt to taste.
8. Fresh coriander for garnishing.
9. Vegetable Oil.
1. Roast the poppy seeds for about a minute. Grind the roasted poppy seeds and green chillies into a paste with some water. Keep it aside.
2. Next, deep fry the potatoes till they turn golden brown. Keep it aside.
3. In another pan heat one and a half tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the cumin seeds, turmeric powder and red chillies.
4. Stir well till they begin to crackle. Add the poppy seed paste and salt to taste. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Finally mix in the potatoes and pour some water and leave it to simmer for 7-8 minutes.
6. Garnish and Serve.