Tawa Paneer masala
1. Paneer (cottage cheese) – 500gms (cut into medium pieces).
2. Onion – 1 Large (finely chopped).
3. Capsicum – 1 medium.
4. Tomato – 3 medium (Chopped).
5. Garlic – 4-5 medium.
6. Ginger – 1 inch.
7. Green Chilli – 2 (chopped).
8. Carom seed/ajwain – ½ tspn.
9. Coriander Powder – 1 tspn.
10.Red Chilli Powder – 1 tspn.
11.Turmeric Powder – ½ tspn.
12.Pav bhaji masala – 1 tspn.
13.Butter – 2 tspn.
14.Kasuri Methi – ½ tspn Crushed.
15.Salt as required.
16.Coriander leaves – few chopped.
1. Finely chop the onions and capsicum.
2. Roughly chop the tomatoes, green chilli, ginger and garlic.
3. Crush the ginger and garlic in a grinder to a paste.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes in a blender and make a smooth puree. Keep it aside.
5. Chop the paneer in ½ inch cubes.
6. Melt butter on a tawa.
7. Add the carom seeds/ajwain and fry them for a few seconds.
8. Add onions and saute till it turns translucent.
9. Add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, finely chopped capsicum and pepper. Saute for about 3 minutes.
10. Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and pav bhaji masala. Stir and saute for about a minute.
11. Add the tomato puree and salt. Stir well and saute till you see butter releasing from the sides and the masala has thickened a bit. This takes about 8 to 10 minutes on a low flame. If the tomato masala looks dry, add 1 or 2 tbsp of water and continue to saute.
12. Next, add the paneer cubes and stir well, so that the masala coats the paneer cubes evenly.
13. Cook the paneer for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves. Stir very well and switch off the flame.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Tawa Paneer Masala with chapatis, phulkas, naan or bread. accompany with a few wedges of lemon slices which can be drizzled on the tawa paneer and a side onion salad.