Italian Lemon Butter Chicken
Lemon Butter Sauce :
1. ¼ cup White Wine.
2. Fresh Lime Juice – 5 tbsp.
3. Heavy Cream – 5 tbsp.
4. Butter – 1 cup (Chilled).
5. Salt to taste.
6. Pepper to taste.
Chicken and Pasta:
1. Dry Farfalle (bow tie) pasta – 250 gms.
2. Chicken Breast halves (skinless, boneless) – 4 pcs(pounded to 1/4 inch thickness).
3. Olive Oil – 1 tbsp.
4. Butter – 1 tbsp.
5. Flour – ¼ cup.
6. Salt and Pepper to taste.
7. Bacon – 4 ounces.
8. Mushroom (sliced) – 6 ounce.
9. Artichoke Hearts (drained and halved) – 6 ounce.
10. Capers (drained) – 2 tspn.
11. Chopped fresh parsley for garnish.
1. To make the sauce, pour the wine and lemon juice into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook at a low heat until the liquid is reduced to 1/3 portion. Stir in cream and simmer until it thickens. Gradually add 1 tbsp of butter at a time to the sauce. Stir until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Keep it warm.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. To make the chicken, heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat chicken with flour mixture. Without crowding, carefully place chicken in hot oil. (If necessary, cook in batches.) Fry until it turns golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken to paper towels. Stir the bacon, mushrooms, artichokes, and capers into the oil. Cook until the mushrooms are soft.
4. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size strips and return them to the skillet. Stir half of the lemon butter sauce into the chicken mixture.
5. To serve, place pasta in a large bowl. Stir the chicken mixture into the pasta. Taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in additional lemon butter sauce as desired. Toss well and garnish with parsley.