Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi
1. Orzo(uncooked) – 1cup.
2. Fresh Parsley (chopped) – 2 tbsp.
3. Salt – ½ tspn.
4. Unsalted Butter – 7 tbsp.
5. Jumbo Shrimp (peeled and deveined) – 800 gms.
6. fresh garlic (minced) – 2 tspn.
7. Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp.
8. Black pepper (freshly ground) – ¼ tspn.
1. Cook the orzo omitting salt and fat. Drain it. Place orzo in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and add ¼ tspn of salt. Cover and keep warm.
2. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp and add the remaining ¼ tspn salt. Add half of shrimp to pan.
3.Sauté for 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Melt 1 tspn of butter in a pan and add the remaining shrimp to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer it to a plate.
3. Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter in a pan. Add garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, lemon juice and pepper. Cook for 1 minute or until shrimps are done.
4. Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi is ready to serve.