1. Hilsa Fish (ilish) – 800 gms (cut into ½ inch thick pieces).
2. Mustard Seeds – 2 tbsp.
3. Onion Paste – 3 tbsp.
4. Green Chilli – 8-9.
5. Turmeric Powder – ½ tspn.
6. Salt – 1 tspn.
7. Mustard Oil – 3-4 tbsp.
1. Make a fine paste of mustard seeds and five green chillies.
2. Wash the fish properly and rub half tspn salt and half tspn of turmeric powder.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and light fry the fish pieces. (Don’t fry for longer time).
4. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onion paste, turmeric powder and salt. Stir properly till the oil separates. Add two cups of water to it and bring it to boiling point. Add the light fried fishes and 3 whole chillies.
5. Cook it covered for 5-6 minutes.
6. Add the mustard paste (add water if needed) and cook it for about 3 minutes.
7. Check the salt and remove it from heat.
8. Serve Sorshe Ilish with steamed rice.