1. Mutton or Pathar Mangsho – 700 gms.
2. Onion (medium sized) – 2.
3. Garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
4. Turmeric powder – 1 tspn.
5. Salt to taste.
6. Tomato – 2 (medium sized).
7. Green Chili (cut vertically) – 3.
8. Curd – 2 tbsp.
9. Red Chili Powder – ½ tspn.
10.Potato – 2 (medium size).
11.Garam masala – 2 tspn.
12.Cinnamon stick – 1.
13.Cardamom (green elaichi) – 3.
14.Cloves (laung) – 4.
15.Mustard oil – 3 tbsp.
16.Ghee – 1 tbsp.
1. Marinate Mutton overnight with Curd (2 tbsp), Haldi (1/2 tspn), Mustard Oil (2 tbsp), Chopped Green Chilli (3 pieces), Chopped Tomato (2 medium sized), Onion paste (1/2 onion), Garlic Paste, Salt (1 tspn).
2. Cut the potatoes (each into four pieces), chop the remaining onions and keep the spices available.
3. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker. Mix 1/4 tspn of turmeric powder with the cut potatoes. Fry them and keep it aside.
4. To the left over oil, add a cinnamon stick , 5 pieces of small cardamom(green elaichi) and cloves.
5. Add chopped onion and fry till it turns golden brown.
6. Add 1 teaspoon garam masala and 1/2 tspn red chili powder. Fry the masala for 2-3 minutes. Add the marinated mutton. Mix it well.
7. Cook it under medium flame for 20-25mins till all the water is released. Keep stirring every 4-5 mins and check that it does not stick at the bottom.
8. Add 1 cup of water. Close the lid and let it whistle for 3-4 times (good long whistles under medium flame).
9. Turn off the stove. Wait till all the pressure is release. Open the cover and add 1 tspn of garam masala, 1 tbsp of ghee and salt to taste.
10.Add the fried potatoes. Cover the cooker with lid and allow for 1 more whistle under low flame.
11.Turn off the oven. Wait till the pressure is released.
12.Mutton Kasha is ready to serve.