Coconut Chicken Curry
1. Whole unsalted cashew nuts– ¼ cup.
2. Chicken Breast Pieces – 250 gms (medium sized, boneless).
3. Salt To Taste.
4. Refined oil – 4 tbsp.
5. Black Mustard Seed – ¼ tspn.
6. Cumin Seed – ¼ tspn.
7. Ground coriander – ¼ tspn.
8. Chicken Curry powder – 1 tbsp.
9. Onion (medium sized) – 1 (thinly sliced).
10.Fresh ginger (finely grated) – 1 tbsp.
11.Garlic clove (minced) – 1.
12.Coconut milk – 1 Can (180 ml).
13.Green Peas – ¼ cup.
14.Cilantro (chopped)– 2 tbsp.
1. Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F. Spread the cashews in a pie plate and bake for 5 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Transfer it to a plate to cool.
2. Lightly season the chicken with salt. In a large, deep skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil until smoking.
3. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate and reduce the heat to moderate.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and heat until smoking. Add the mustard seeds and cook for about 1 minute or until they stop popping. Add the cumin seeds, coriander and curry powder and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
5. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook until the onion softens for about 10 minutes. If the mixture seems dry, add up to 1/4 cup of water to prevent sticking.
6. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer until cooked through for about 5 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook for 1 minute.
7. Transfer the coconut chicken curry to a bowl, sprinkle with the cilantro and cashews and serve.