1. Cream cheese – 200 gms.
2. Dark chocolate chopped – 100 gms.
3. Butter – 75 gms.
4. Powdered sugar – 125 gms.
5. Eggs – 3.
6. Vanilla essence – 1 and a 1/2 tbsp.
7. Refined flour (maida) – 1 cup.
8. Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp.
9. Castor sugar – 5 tbsp.
10.Egg yolk – 1.
11.Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup.
Oil for greasing.
1. Preheat oven at 180º C.
2. Put dark chocolate with butter in a non-stick pan and cook on medium heat, stirring continuously, till the chocolate melts. Transfer into a bowl.
3. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Break eggs and add, one by one, stirring continuously. Add ½ tbsp vanilla essence.
4. Sieve together ½ cup refined flour and cocoa powder into another bowl. Add to the chocolate mixture and fold in lightly till well blended.
5. Put cream cheese into another bowl and whisk well. Add castor sugar, remaining vanilla essence and egg yolk and whisk well.
6. Add chocolate chips to the chocolate-flour mixture and mix well.
7. Grease a round cake tin with oil and dust with some dry flour. Shake off excess.
8. Pour the chocolate-flour mixture, spoon dollops of cream cheese mixture on the top, keeping some distance between each dollop. Take a fork and swirl it around the mixture in the tin to create a marble effect.
9. Place the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
10.Remove from the oven, cool to room temperature, remove from the tin and transfer onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm.