Barbequed Thai Style Chicken
1. Fresh cilantro with roots – 1 bunch.
2. garlic (peeled) – 3 cloves.
3. Red hot chile peppers (seeded and chopped) – 3 small.
4. Grounded Turmeric – 1 tspn.
5. Curry powder – 1 tspn.
6. White sugar – 1 tbsp.
7. Salt – 1 pinch.
8. Fish Sauce – 3 tbsp.
9. Chicken (cut into pieces) – 600 gms.
10.Coconut milk – 1/2 Cup.
1. Cut cilantro roots off at the stem, and mince thoroughly. Set aside a few leaves for garnish. In a blender or food processor, combine cilantro roots and leaves, garlic, chile peppers, turmeric, curry powder, sugar, and salt. Process to a coarse paste. Pour in fish sauce, and blend until smooth.
2. Place chicken in a large shallow dish. Rub with the cilantro paste. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat grill for high heat.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and brush liberally with coconut milk. Grill chicken 8 to 15 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the pieces. Turn only once, and baste occasionally with coconut cream. Cook until browned and tender, and juices run clear.
5. Barbequed Thai Style Chicken is ready to serve.