Roasted Eggplant with Tofu and Basil
1. Japanese eggplants – 500gms.
2. Fish Sauce – 2 tbsp.
3. Brown sugar – 2 tbsp.
4. Fresh Lime Juice – 1 tbsp.
5. Spicy Thai Chili Sauce – 2 tspn.
6. Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp.
7. Shallot (thinly sliced) – 2 small.
8. Garlic (minced) – 1 tbsp.
9. Firm tofu, drained and cubed – 250 gms.
10.Basil leaves, thinly sliced – 1/4 cup.
1. Place Eggplants on lightly oiled baking sheet. Boil 3 to 4 inches from heat about 10 minutes or until skin chars and blisters, turning frequently. Cool eggplant slightly. Peel eggplant and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices.
2. Mix fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and chili sauce in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic. Stir fry until golden brown. Add eggplant and sauce mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Gently stir in tofu and basil. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 5 minutes to blend flavors.