Oven Baked Hot Wings
1 1/3 Cup flour
2 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp black pepper, coarse ground
1/3 Cup (plus a little) Chili powder
2 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Place 12 wing portions and mix well.
3. Place the wings on a standard plate and refrigerate for 30 – 40 minutes.
4. Take about 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan.
5. After the 30 minutes of refrigeration is finished, repeat mixing process for a second coating.
6. Remove excess and place the wings side by side on the oil-prepared pan.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Flip the wings over once on the pan to coat both sides with oil.
9. Place in the 375 degree oven and set timer for 60 minutes.
10. After 30 minutes of cooking, remove briefly from the oven and turn each portion over to crisp and cook on the reverse side.
11. Combine tomato sauce and butter in a small saucepan. Warm until butter melts.
12. After 60 minutes remove chicken from the oven and let rest 5 minutes.
13. Serve with sauce