1. Semolina (Rava) – 1 cup.
2. Rice Flour – 1/2 cup.
3. All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 2 tbsp.
4. Yogurt/ Buttermilk – 1 cup.
5. Onion – 1 (finely chopped).
6. Cumin seeds – 1/4 tspn.
7. Crushed peppercorns – 1/4 tspn.
8. Green Chilly – 1 (finely chopped).
9. Ginger – 1 inch (grated).
10.Cilantro – 2-3 strands (finely chopped).
11.Curry leaves – 1 strand (finely chopped).
12.Salt – as needed.
13.Oil – for making dosas.
1. Mix the rava, rice flour, maida and required salt.
2. Add finely chopped onions, green chilly, cilantro, curry leaves, grated ginger, cumin seeds and crushed peppercorns to that.
3. Add the yogurt/buttermilk and required water to make a batter thinner than normal dosa batter. Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes.
4. Heat a non stick dosa pan on medium high heat.
5. Take a spoon ful of batter and spread the batter from the outer side of the pan. (unlike the normal dosa which you spread from the inside out).
6. Pour few drops of oil on top and let it cook for a couple of minutes on one side.
7. Gently flip the dosa and cook until both the sides are golden brown.
8. Serve with coconut chutney and sambhar. You can also stuff it with masala and make rava masala dosa.