Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pancakes)
1. Chicken breasts – 3 pcs.
2. Shrimp – 4-5 pcs.
3. Corn flour – 100 gms.
4. All purpose flour (maida) – 50gms.
5. Coconut milk – 1 cup.
6. Rice flour – 25 gms.
7. Salt and pepper to taste
8. Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
9. Red chillies (chopped fine) – 2.
10.Garlic (chopped fine) – 4-5 cloves.
11.Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp.
12.Fish sauce – 2 tbsp.
13.Oyster sauce – 2 tbsp.
14.Spring onion (chopped) – 2 medium sized.
15.Onion (chopped) – 1 medium sized.
1. Cut the chicken and shrimp in small pieces.
2. In a bowl add the corn flour, maida, coconut milk, rice flour and mix all well.
3. Season it with salt and pepper.
4. Heat some oil in a pan. Add the garlic and chillies to it and saute.
5. Now add the chicken to it along with the fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix well.
6. Add some oyster sauce. let the chicken cook for a minute or two.
7. Now add the shrimps. Shrimps take lesser time to cook so add them at the last.
8. Throw in the onions now. Mix well till the chicken and shrimp is cooked.
9. Now for the pancakes, drizzle some olive oil in a pan and pour the batter.
10.It should be thin. Don’t turn it as yet.
11.Once the open top of the pancake looks cooked you can add the filling to it.
12.You can top it with some fresh spring onions and bean sprouts.
13.And wrap it from one side.
14.Repeat the same with the others.
15.Banh Xeo is ready to serve.