Bajra Methi Khakras
1. Bajra (black millet) flour – 1/2 cup.
2. Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) – 2 tbsp.
3. Ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste – 1/2 tspn.
4. Green chilli paste – 1/2 tspn.
5. Finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves – 1/2 cup.
6. Turmeric powder (haldi) – 1/4 tbsp.
7. Oil – 1 tspn.
8. Salt to taste.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
2. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5″) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
4. Apply a little ghee on both the sides and continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
5. Cool and store in an air-tight container.