Beans on toast
1. Canned baked beans – 1 cup.
2. White bread , toasted and lightly buttered – 4 slices.
3. Butter – 1 tbsp.
4. Finely chopped garlic (lehsun) – 2 slices.
5. Finely chopped spring onions whites – 1/4 cup.
6. Finely chopped green capsicum – 1/4 cup.
7. Dried oregano – 1 and a 1/2 tspn.
8. Dry red chilli flakes (paprika) – 2 tspn.
9. Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp.
10.Salt to taste
11.Finely chopped spring onion greens – 2 tbsp.
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the garlic and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the baked beans, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the spring onion greens, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
5. Divide the baked beans mixture into 6 portions and keep aside.
6. Place the toasted and buttered toasts on a flat dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards.
7. Spread a portion of the baked beans mixture and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese on each bread toast.
8. Serve immediately.